Welcome to Julia's Site!

This blog is made available for several reasons. First and foremost, to keep those that know Julia current with what is going on with her and her progress. It is also my intention to educate those who do not know Julia about what happened to her, so they can make educated decisions about their own children. I want to welcome those of you with questions about her disease, treatments, and just the general life (the good and the bad) of living with a brain damaged child. Finally, it is a therapeutic release for me, Julia's mom, Susan. I love writing and need to get some of this stuff out of my head and onto "paper". Thank you!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Four Years Ago Today

Four years ago today, my ignorance overtook me, and I allowed my daughter to get 5 different live virus vaccines poked into her left shoulder. I remember it like it was yesterday. Visions of the day keep going through my head. She screamed and cried, and so did i, well cried anyway, having NO IDEA what I had just done to my baby girl. I would find that out nine days later. Brain damaged - severely - forever.

Once again Julia, I am so very sorry that I just believed what all the Dr's told me. I was trying to do what was best for you. I now know better.

I have learned so much over the last four years. About vaccines, about careers and career changes. About the support from (most) family and friends. About loss of those who I NEVER thought would leave my side. About NEW friends to take the place of the family members I have lost. About GIVING and helping people in need. I think I have become a more compassionate person through this horrific nightmare.

I am thankful this year, that ALL of Julia's needs will be taken care of soon through the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program - that was a long four year battle, but we did it Julia! Soon, the financial worries for your care will disapppear! I just need to hire a really good attorney for you and an even BETTER accountant for me, as paperwork has always been a difficulty for me to keep up with, but I will, with everyone's help - especially an accountant.

Life is good, and I love you more than ANYONE would ever know. Love you baby girl - now and always.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment