Welcome to Julia's Site!

This blog is made available for several reasons. First and foremost, to keep those that know Julia current with what is going on with her and her progress. It is also my intention to educate those who do not know Julia about what happened to her, so they can make educated decisions about their own children. I want to welcome those of you with questions about her disease, treatments, and just the general life (the good and the bad) of living with a brain damaged child. Finally, it is a therapeutic release for me, Julia's mom, Susan. I love writing and need to get some of this stuff out of my head and onto "paper". Thank you!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

WOW, long time no blog......

Not that nothing is going on, but, just been a while since I posted anything!

Julia is doing well. She got a new brace which is pretty complicated, but she seems to tolerate it well and is ACTUALLY keeping her shoes on for the most part! Had to buy two different sizes of Stride Right shoes, which are spendy, but, hey, if it works, it works!

I have officially been unemployed for about three weeks now and am going crazy. In my spare time, I am trying to help Julia's hippotherapy facility with fundraising. They are in dire need of $100K before Jan 31st....so, I am doing what I can. Shawn and I have 7 news lined up to do a story in the next week or so (hopefully). And tomorrow I plan on going to every place I can think of to pitch an effort to raise funds to keep this place going! SaddleUp! Foundation is the name - you can google, and even a small donation will help. Tomorrow I plan on going to all the vet clinics in the area to talk to the owners about the work they do. And possibly all the therapy clinics and special needs schools I can find. What else do I have to do! HAHA!

Actually, I am meeting with Julia's new ABA therapist to go over a behavior plan here tomorrow around lunch time....she will be starting with Julia soon, and most of the work will be done, eventually, by Shawn and I, and her teachers at school once everyone gets trained. Thank God, that I learned at Julia's hearing last month, that this will be covered for the most part when the settlement goes through...another 3-8 months. In the meantime, I have some savings.

Julia has made some great strides lately - still no words or anything, but I think she has a lot going on in that little head of hers! I hope someday she is able to express it!

Anyway, I will try to post more regularly! Thanks to everyone still sticking with us!

Susan and Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment