Welcome to Julia's Site!

This blog is made available for several reasons. First and foremost, to keep those that know Julia current with what is going on with her and her progress. It is also my intention to educate those who do not know Julia about what happened to her, so they can make educated decisions about their own children. I want to welcome those of you with questions about her disease, treatments, and just the general life (the good and the bad) of living with a brain damaged child. Finally, it is a therapeutic release for me, Julia's mom, Susan. I love writing and need to get some of this stuff out of my head and onto "paper". Thank you!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Great Day - and Eye Dr Appointment

So, this morning, Shawn took Julia to PT and Aug Com. He discussed Julia's behavioral issues a little bit. The PT recomends we do the botox again, as Julia's leg has started to turn inward more than when the injections were working. I guess we will schedule this again soon. I will be less scared this time, as I know the anesthesia is short, and she will be back to normal, other than a little grumpy for just a day or so. Shawn spoke with her Aug Com therapist about Julia refusing to use her talker and throwing it on the floor - and she didn't seem TOO concerned - as she has been showing signs of just being "mad" with more than just her talker. (terrible 2'S at 5?) Hopefully it is just a phase. I contacted the behaviorist - who does not take insurance - so this will have to wait for the settlement. We got a name from Julia's Aug Com therapist, from childrens in aurora, who does "free" consultations on behavior, so, if she doesn't simmer down, we will do this while she is out of school in august.

While Shawn took Julia to therapy, I contacted a homeopathic veterinarian in wheatridge. Actually I emailed her a couple days ago, but she answered this morning and gave me her phone numbers to contact her. I called and she was ready and willing to talk to me today about how I would start the process of the "transfer" from allopathic to homeopathic medicine. She described a "wall full of nasty vines, and spiders, and yucky stuff, covering a door - and that if you get the guts to open that door - you would never go back. I sure hope so. I still do not know how I would do this financially and timewise, but, hey, I have learned that everything does present itself at the appropriate time, and it WILL work out if I want it to. And I do. SO - in my mind - DONE. (How do you like that Howard and Mary???) :) This woman was amazing. Above and beyond what I was expecting.

Oh the eye dr - everything OK except a possible "left periphery issue" from her right sided brain injury (well, global injury, but primarily on the right). So, I was pretty happy with that.

Anyway, Julia's pediatrician will be here tomorrow night - he is going to make cookies with her and bring a Mickey Mouse CD. I called him tonight to confirm, as I had Julia in the car (never good) and she was screaming - and he said he will be here tomorrow and wouldn't miss it for the world!

How are all these awesome people showing up in my life right now? Oh, yes, God, or "the Universe", or whatever you believe in - stolen from Pam - "Believe -Prayer Works".

I LOVE TODAY!

Susan

1 comment:

  1. I am just so happy for you on both counts...yours and Julia's! God is watching over you all and providing so many good things. Love the 4 of you so much.

    ReplyDelete