Welcome to Julia's Site!

This blog is made available for several reasons. First and foremost, to keep those that know Julia current with what is going on with her and her progress. It is also my intention to educate those who do not know Julia about what happened to her, so they can make educated decisions about their own children. I want to welcome those of you with questions about her disease, treatments, and just the general life (the good and the bad) of living with a brain damaged child. Finally, it is a therapeutic release for me, Julia's mom, Susan. I love writing and need to get some of this stuff out of my head and onto "paper". Thank you!

Friday, April 9, 2010

Another appointment under our belt!

This afternoon we had yet another refitting for Julia's brace for her left leg.......I think this will be her 7th brace or so since the vaccine injury three years ago....

Anyway, after getting out of work late (really??? how unusual....) I was able to get to the appt early! Julia was a TROOPER this time! Its the first time she actually just sat through the whole casting (well, on my lap) without moving and crying, etc.... She was casted and measured and the new brace should be in within the next three weeks! Good news, it will be a "short" brace, as opposed to the one that went up to her knee that she has had for the last year or so....AND.......NORMAL shoes will (should) fit over it! WOO HOO! Maybe my baby can become a shoe fanatic like her mom! Hopefully shoe shopping will be more fun this time! I would really LOVE for her to be able to wear sandles now and then, especially with summer coming.....

Anyway, I'm real happy with how the appt went.....NO TEARS or accidental cuts on her skin like last time!

susan

No comments:

Post a Comment