Welcome to Julia's Site!

This blog is made available for several reasons. First and foremost, to keep those that know Julia current with what is going on with her and her progress. It is also my intention to educate those who do not know Julia about what happened to her, so they can make educated decisions about their own children. I want to welcome those of you with questions about her disease, treatments, and just the general life (the good and the bad) of living with a brain damaged child. Finally, it is a therapeutic release for me, Julia's mom, Susan. I love writing and need to get some of this stuff out of my head and onto "paper". Thank you!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

BIG DAY TODAY!

Please pray for my family today - its a big day.

Today at 10am, I am going to court against my former landlord who owes me close to $10K for not returning my deposit when I moved out of Parker almost two years ago. I have learned of many bad things this person has done to others in the last week or so, and really hope my contempt of court charge goes through today - not only for what he has done to me and my family, but also for what he has done to those in Arizona and to the 75 creditors listed in his bankruptcy papers that I just received a week ago - though he did not list me as a creditor. We will see. I may have no recourse because of the bankruptcy, but at least today I will know if this is OVER - i have been fighting this since Jan 2, 2009.

THEN, much more importantly, the Life Care Planners from the government are coming out today. We have a lot of talking to do. They are meeting us here at the house at 2pm-4pm, then we are all going to meet with Julia's Physical Therapist at 5pm. Then tomorrow, we are all going to Julia's special needs preschool so they can observe her interactions and abilities. Afterwards, we will meet with Julia's Augmentative Communication therapist. Lots to discuss there as well. After the visit, Julia's Life Care Planner, Roberta will go back and forth with the governments Life Care Planner, and they will come to some agreement on Julia's future needs and funds for these needs. This is it - folks. What I have been fighting for and preparing for for three years now. Today.

After the visit with the government is over, its time to MOVE! We are moving into a new rental house (with a possible lease purchase - depending on what happens to my credit with the whole foreclosure vs short sale thing on the house is Florida). We can start moving the big stuff tomorrow and should be in the new home by Sunday night. Lots to do! The house was picked out primarily for Julia and her needs. It has a large study area downstairs that is going to be turned into her "therapy room" where we can put all her equipment she should get from the settlement and set it up so that she can do her therapy at home, rather than having me and others drive her here and there weekly for hours of treatments. Jack is very excited about his new room - the colors - well, lets just say it is a "boys room" and HE loves it! I do feel bad for him, though, as he will have to change schools again once second grade comes around. Mercifuly he is a very resiliant child and will adjust quickly I am sure.

Well, time to get my documents together for court, then get the kids to the sitters, then meet with the Life Care Planners. Wish us luck and blessings. Never thought this is where my life would end up - but it is what it is and I am lucky to have as much as I do - especially the support of most of my family and friends.

GO JULIA! Today - its all about YOU!

LOVE YOU GIRL!

mom

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you and Julia!! Love you guys and your in my thoughts and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete