Today Ju
lia switched locations and times of her therapies. She is starting the evaluation to decide which communication device would be most appropriate for her and the therapist that is best for this job is in Littleton - so we changed to this location. I was lucky enough to also be able to schedule OT the same day and around the same time, so we can get those two therapies done in one shot. Her OT is a man named Kevin. He seemed really nice and very animated, which Julia loves, so I think it will be a good relationship for Julia. Kevin gave Shawn and I all kinds of ideas of different things to try with her. I think it was good to have a "new" pair of eyes on Julia to give both her and I new ways to look at things. I am real excited about Julia and I getting to know Kevin. After OT, Julia went on to ST with her new therapist Lisa. Julia was shown a couple of different communication devices and she worked with her on both. Lisa thought she did relatively well, with it being her first session. So I am excited to see how this progresses and to get her and I trained to the device.
I discussed the issue with public vs private school with her OT and he seemed to think the private was definately worth looking into - with all the therapy that they incorporate into the school, so we are cancelling next weeks sessions so we can go check out the Rise School and see what its all about. The link is attached for anyone who might be interested.
Susan
http://www.riseschool.org/denver
Again, don't know why my links stopped working - copy and paste if interested......I'm trying to figure this out!
No comments:
Post a Comment