Welcome to Julia's Site!

This blog is made available for several reasons. First and foremost, to keep those that know Julia current with what is going on with her and her progress. It is also my intention to educate those who do not know Julia about what happened to her, so they can make educated decisions about their own children. I want to welcome those of you with questions about her disease, treatments, and just the general life (the good and the bad) of living with a brain damaged child. Finally, it is a therapeutic release for me, Julia's mom, Susan. I love writing and need to get some of this stuff out of my head and onto "paper". Thank you!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Again, in shock...

This blog was originally started for close friends and family, and now when you search encephalitis and Julia, and even Autsim, it immediately comes up. I had no idea that my telling my close friends and family about Julia's concession, that all of my most personal issues would soon be out for all to see. I am ok with it, for the most part, as I think Julia's story is important for people to hear. However, there are several internet stories published in which the facts of the case have been twisted around. I am requesting that if you are planning on publishing something, to please get permission from ME first, so that I can approve what you are writing and get the facts straight. I likely will not approve anything at this time, as her case has yet to be settled. This is a very important time for Julia and her family to fight for HER and I will let nothing stand in the way of this. Thank you for your consideration.

To those of you just enjoying her blog and maybe getting something out of it pertinant for your families situation- continue to enjoy! Her story is important and will hopefully help some of you out and bring those of us going through this together.

Thanks

Susan and Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment